Friday, May 11, 2012

So quite a bit has happened so far. Last time I posted was Tuesday. Wednesday my cold escalated and I stay in bed fighting a fever all day. I turned out the children's museum we were going to was closed and it rained, so it ended up not being a total loss. Thursday we went to Tokyo Disney Sea. I was still sick but I would have to be almost catatonic to pass up a Disney trip. On Friday we checked out of the hotel and took the bullet train down to Kyoto.

We`re not staying in a hotel. Nope, this time we are renting a little traditional Japaneses house. It is pretty awesome. We got Chinese food for dinner last night and today we went to the tori gate. I have to say. Tokyo was a pretty cool experience. However, I was looking forward to Kyoto the most and so far I have not been disappointed. Except for the fact that it is freezing here, which makes no sense because we are way further south than Tokyo. Making my mistake of packing for Okinawa weather even more regrettable.  There is so much culture here. The scenery is beautiful and it doesn't smell like gas and potties.

I do have photos to post but I cant post them right this moment. You see before the hotel I was staying in was a military instillation so the power outlets were the same as the ones we use in the states. Here, however, we don't have that luxury. I am currently using a computer provided with the house.  I want to save the battery power on my computer So I can call mom on mothers day. After that If I have enough battery power I will put up the pictures. If not I will just have to wait until I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment