Sunday, February 26, 2012

The rest of the Iwo Jima Pics!

This Memorial was dedicated to everyone who lost their lives at the battle of Iwo Jima. The battle lasted about a month and it had the highest death toll in the history of the marine corps. 

This Memorial was dedicated a few decades later by both American and Japanese WWII veterans.

The top of that volcano is our destination


Massive cannon! I dont know why but this was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

I noticed this rock looks like a mans face right side up and upside down.

Another Memorial

By far one of the most moving parts of the trip. These are the dog tags and insignia of all the service members who have come to pay homage.

I got to leave my dog tags there.

Close up

This was where that famouse photo of the five marines and one navy corpsman posting our nations flag was taken. Three of those boys were killed in battle a few days after the picture was taken.

I dont know the last time this volcalno erupted but there is steam coming up out of it. The picture doesnt show it.

Lol I see a lot of water on a regular basis


Joining the airforce is by far one of the best things I could have ever done. I rock the uniform lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment